To connect the Installation assistant:
- Plug the extender to the power supply and connect your device to the extender.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.2.250 in the address bar.
- Go to ‘New extender setup’ and enter information in desired fields.
- Select the wireless network you want to extend. To extend both the bands, click on the checkbox of both.
- Enter router network password also called passphrase in the field and press ‘Next’.
- Set SSID and password for the extender.
- Connect the wireless devices to the new extender SSID using the password.
- Press ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- The registration page will open.
- If you don’t want to do registration, click ‘Skip’ and press ‘Finish’.
- Unplug the extender and move to a new location before powering it on again.
- Use the router link LED to select the best spot for the placement of the extender.
- If the color is amber, then bring the devices close to each other until you find the green LED on the panel.
- Reconnect the computer to the new extender network.
- You can test the range or signal strength of the new network by moving the device to the poor network area.
- Leave the computer in the area and check the ‘Link LED’.
- If it is green, then it means the extended network is successfully reaching the area with poor signal strength earlier. The network setup is complete now.
In case the client LED is red, then it means there is a need to pay attention, the signal is not reaching the area. Click on ‘How to install Netgear genie extender’ option to check whether you have done the setup properly or not or the distance between the devices is optimal or not.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, we hope you will be able to configure the range extender using the installation assistant. In case you need any further information or support, feel free to contact the support team available round the clock.